Thursday 7 January 2010

Amulet #2 - When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad...


Well, I am a day late posting this as I ended up staying up late with my friend Lukas to make things for our newly formed FLIRT SCHOOL on Saturday night, but as with all things, better late than never! Today's amulet takes its inspiration from Julie Andrews' rendition of the song "My Favourite Things" from The Sound of Music and some of the things I saw at the Stasi Museum at the weekend. There was a display of tiny folded and wrapped pieces of paper with bible verses written on them, smuggled into the DDR inside something that looked like dates.

So, like she suggests, in an attempt to not feel so bad, I'm going to be remembering snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes (you can see where this came from, it is still snowing everyday here!), brown paper packages tied up with string, and of course, raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.

And if it is all too saccharine for you, maybe you'd like Negativland's cut and paste version or a bit of Outkast doing it as drum'n'a'bass jazz - smooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment